Sustainable Bamboo Lumber
The Low Down
LAMBOO® components have great thermal properties, strength, durability, and contain water resistant attributes that make it ideal for architectural applications requiring high performance met with natural beauty.
Lamboo has up to three times the structural rigidity that allows for more flexibility within curtain wall and store front system designs and profiles. Lamboo is on the forefront with pioneering technology of engineered bamboo which makes ELEMENTS™ components a superior performance alternative within these systems.
|Botanical||Bamboo 4 out of the 1600 species of bamboo|
|Decay Resistance||Very High|
|Fire Rating||Class A similar to concrete and steel|
- Isolated from 4 out of the 1600 species of bamboo to be used for all of its architectural and structural applications.
- Produced from only mature plants, anywhere from their 4th to 6th year of life to allow for optimal hardness and strength.
- Bamboo sequesters 35% more carbon than its tree counter parts.
- Bamboo is a naturally anti-bacterial material, and now with Lamboo Technology integration, prevent mold and fungi from cultivating.
- Uses 15% less embodied energy than that of engineered wood and 300% less embodied energy than aluminum and steel.
- 20% more stable than wood in moisture and temperature changes, 10 times stronger than wood in tension and 3 times stronger mechanically.
- Lamboo products use low V.O.C. adhesives and does not produce off-gassing when sanding, profiling, and handling materials.
- Left to the elements, Lamboo will naturally weather to a gray patina for a softer, more rustic look.
- Joints, screws, hinges and other hardware should be checked periodically and properly tightened due to moisture and usage over time.