The Low Down
- Rinowood™ is an extraordinary hardwood tree found in abundance throughout Central and South America. It has been imported into the United States for over 50 years as the preferred material in the building of marinas and boardwalks. Today, it is the fastest growing choice of hardwoods for decks, docks, and piers in the United States due to its uncanny longevity.
- Remarkable for its tight grains and high natural oil content, Rinowood holds the distinction of being the densest commercially sold wood in the world. It naturally resists deterioration due to rot, decay, insect infestation, salts, and caustic chemicals. It is five times harder than cedar, 70% stiffer than hard maple, possesses a fire rating similar to concrete and steel, and carries the distinction of being able to trap and hold carbon even after harvesting. As the wood naturally weathers, it takes on light silvery gray tones unless an oil or sealer is used to preserve its dark, rich natural colors.
- All of our hardwoods are sourced using sustainable forestry practices monitored by local governments, the U.S. Government, and third party non-governmental organizations with the sanctity of good forestry practices in mind, and where positive social labor laws are enforced.
- Made from top grade, extruded recycled plastics, EasyCare™ paneling is made up of low maintenance, durable, and superbly-constructed indoor and outdoor furnishings. Using many of the same methods of construction that catapulted Landmark to the forefront of the high end and private club market, EasyCare products encourage you to pay the same particular attention to detail when making your next investment in maintenance free furnishings and accessories for your facility.
- UV stabilizers are compounded into the material to help protect the color and integrity of the base resin for years and they will not rapidly fade when exposed to the elements. Made up of hydrogen and carbon, HDPE is defined by a density of greater or equal to 0.941 grams per cubic centimeter. It has a low degree of branching and thus stronger intermolecular forces and tensile strength.
|Type||Ipê & ♴ HDPE Hybrid|
|Decay Resistance||Very High|
|Density||Very High Rinowood
0.941 g/cm3 EasyCare
|Fire Rating||Class A Rinowood
Class C/ATSM E84 EasyCare
While most colors are readily available, some are subject to increased lead times or potential up-charges during certain periods of the year.
- Left to the elements, the Rinowood™ framing will naturally weather to a gray patina for a softer, more rustic look—while the EasyCare™ paneling will continue to retain its color and require no maintenance.
- Joints, screws, hinges and other hardware should be checked periodically and properly tightened due to moisture and usage over time.
- Cracks and checking may occur and are considered a natural occurrence in outdoor wooden furnishings.